Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blackberry Maps vs Google Mobile Maps

I've played with Blackberry Maps and also used Google Maps.

While both have very good content, I have a preference to Google Maps for it's satellite views and current traffic views.

I have had to use satellite view to get where I'm going (when the cab driver didn't). I zoomed into my Blackberry and was able to count buildings and parking lots to get to my destination.

Traffic views has been a handy timesaver for when I am in New York. I can see where traffic is snarled due to construction and accidents. While I can't change the situation, it helps me cope with traffic on the way to the airport or suggest alternate routes to the cab driver.

Let me know if you have had similar experiences with maps on your Blackberry. Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks ur posting blog

regards
web design company